A Glimpse of AttractionPosted: November 27, 2011
To control our viewers mind by using our ad is our main goal. To decide what message will be decoded by our viewer’s brain we need something to attract them, I have a long list, they are:
- Celebrities, their popularity mainly is the main booster to our ad. Hot popular celebrities who are currently in their peak of popularity affect the selling of the products we’re selling through our ad. The other factors are mainly their appearance, credibility and their job. Just like the picture above which is advertising Audio Technica latest headphones, they hire BoA, whose job is a singer. Singer, music and headphones are making a good combination.
- Humor, funny ads usually attracts more attention and it’s a good sign that the viewers are highly pursued by the ads we made.
- Comparison, Ads that include comparison usually get more trust and a better image when it comes to comparison. The ad I put above tells everything. Need explanation? No, you’re not that stupid, or are you?
- Fear, afraid to munch some burgers after seeing this? It explains everything
- Rational, Kind of ad that focuses on its product’s function, and detailed. The earlier ad about cholesterol explains this one too, God I love that ad.
- Emotion, this kind of ad usually touches viewer’s heart instead of their mind, it motivates our viewer to buy our product by using their sensitivity and usually humanity.