To control our viewers mind by using our ad is our main goal. To decide what message will be decoded by our viewer’s brain we need something to attract them, I have a long list, they are:
- Celebrities, their popularity mainly is the main booster to our ad. Hot popular celebrities who are currently in their peak of popularity affect the selling of the products we’re selling through our ad. The other factors are mainly their appearance, credibility and their job. Just like the picture above which is advertising Audio Technica latest headphones, they hire BoA, whose job is a singer. Singer, music and headphones are making a good combination.
- Humor, funny ads usually attracts more attention and it’s a good sign that the viewers are highly pursued by the ads we made.
- Comparison, Ads that include comparison usually get more trust and a better image when it comes to comparison. The ad I put above tells everything. Need explanation? No, you’re not that stupid, or are you?
- Fear, afraid to munch some burgers after seeing this? It explains everything
- Rational, Kind of ad that focuses on its product’s function, and detailed. The earlier ad about cholesterol explains this one too, God I love that ad.
- Emotion, this kind of ad usually touches viewer’s heart instead of their mind, it motivates our viewer to buy our product by using their sensitivity and usually humanity.
So, the thing is… I haven’t been blogging for like… forever. And I’m sorry for that. I’m not abandoning my previous blog, it’s just my college which is keeping me busy and I don’t really have much time to blog as much as before.
First of all, gababa means completely nothing for me, I’ve tried to google what it means, but all I got was baby talk, so yeah it means literally nothing *maybe*. It’s just catchy! Ga.. Ba.. Ba..
Just so you know I’ve been interested in advertising world, and I’m majoring this stuff right now. And I have this very interesting class which teaches me the basics of advertising, most of them are creativity and a good ability to lie, yes get real! People lie to survive, and sin is not a new thing so I’m completely good with lying… I mean advertising. I was born for this! Yes!
My class is basically fun, I know most of the students and the lecturer seems fresh. It’s just fun learning something without numbers in it. I can’t complain.
So what’s with the billboard above showing the racy (for some of you, I know) picture of Calvin Klein Jeans ads? Where the point is my lecturer was talking about Levi’s last week and I couldn’t find any Levi’s billboard (in google, yes google means the world for me), so I’ll just use this one.
Levi’s itself has made its way as the most known jeans ALL OVER THE WORLD, I suppose. It sells its brand, its quality. Blah blah blah, and one thing I love about Levi’s is they once used BoA as their model, TAAA-RAA! *drum rolls*
*nosebleeds* I know she’s gorgeous… If I were born with an uterus sticking in my belly, I’d buy this jeans, well the only reaon is because she’s the one who is modeling for this jeans. AND? You know what? She might look good in the jeans, but will you? Think twice, this is advertising.
As for myself, I own only one Levi’s jeans, and yes it was a birthday gift from my friend a couple years ago. And don’t blame me for having such generous friends. Calm down they didn’t buy me the Levi’s Lady Style which is BoA advertised, I’m pretty sure my present came from the discounted piles of jeans, but still I’m thankful for my only Levi’s jeans in my closet, I wear it twice a week
images: Daily Billboard & Private Collection